Friday, May 28, 2010

Test : Omer Milenium Competition fins

My My first fins - Omer Millennium Competition. I've been diving with them for 6 years so I can tell You a little bit about them

Omer Millennium Competition are fins with changeable blades, designed for deep dives. Blade is 80 cm long
and 21,5 cm wide and 64 cm long from the angle to the end of the blade. The angle between the footpocket and the blade is 10 degrees. Blade hardness - very hard. The blade
is made of thermoplastic with 10% fiber. I've been trying fins in different temperatures (-1 C to 30 C) and I've found that they were harder in colder water.

Immediately after the purchase of the fins I've tried them out at the pool. They were my first fins. After 20 minutes of swimming,i realised that they are too smal. Next day I've changed them to a size bigger. Now I had two size bigger than I should have but then they were comfortable enough.
The blade was very hard. After a few years of using, it became clear, that for me the blade was too hard even i have srtrong legs.

After 5-6 hours of diving my ankles was almoust twisted.
In the sea and lakes they were great until I broke the rubber footpocket by inserting fins on my foot (after one year of using).
I tried to bond them with different type of glue but it was worth nothing. After all I attached broken parts with a strong rope.

Repaired footpocket works good by four years of heavy use during pool training and swimming in open waters.
After these few years I had the opportunity to try a new version of fins and I've found that now Omer has extremely soft
and comfortable footpocket!!!

If you need hard fins to dive to great depths I can recommend precisely those fins!

They are performing well also when you need to dig the car out getting stuck in a snowdrift :)
(fins did not survive unscathed but i could drive home :D)

No comments:

Post a Comment